The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives (NCIA), a non-profit agency located in Windsor Mill, MD serving at-risk youth is currently seeking a Speech Therapist to support our Youth In Transition School.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provide prevention, assessment and remediation services for students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice, and fluency. These services are designed to help children meet their educational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with school personnel and/or parents to coordinate the delivery of services to students.
- Facilitates professional development activities to achieve goals and achievement of desired goals.
- Develops and improves individual competencies and skills to deliver services.
- Uses appropriate screening equipment, materials, devices and aids.
- Selects appropriate assessments as based on individual student needs.
- Administers tests according to acceptable procedures.
- Present and explains data to IEP Team.
- Prepares evaluation summary.
- Modifies therapeutic instructional approaches and other functions from data gathered during therapy.
- Implements the service delivery model most appropriate to the students’ degree of severity.
- Uses systematic and evidence-based intervention strategies to foster communicative competence.
- Provides feedback and reinforcement to students.
- Uses language appropriate to the listener.
- Maintain confidentiality of information received.
- Gives written information to teachers, parents and others on ways to foster speech-language growth.
- Talks with teacher formally and informally about individual student’s needs and progress.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in speech pathology
- Experience acquired through 5 years of working with youth with mental illness, people with developmental disabilities or related experiences.
- Previous experience supporting at-risk youth a plus
Interested applicants should submit resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com.
NCIA is an EEO M/F/D/V employer.