The National Center on Institutions and Alternatives (NCIA) a non-profit human services agency is seeking a Registered Nurse to support our Adult Residential Services (ARS) and Day Program. This is a full-time salary exempt position, reporting to the Program Director for ARS.
The overall purpose of this position is to provide medical case management for individuals to assure their health, safety and well being, to assure the implementation and delivery of the delegated nursing functions and care in compliance with the applicable Code of Maryland Regulations and as set forth in each individual’s Nursing Care Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Medications are administered in accordance with the practices established by the administration’s curriculum on Medication Training. The delegating nurse shall be trained in the administration’s curriculum on Medication Technician Training Program (MTTP).
- Assures all medications are administered and recorded following the regulations taught in the MTTP.
- Makes site visits at least every 45 days to all ALUs where delegation of nursing functions, including medication administration, is being implemented. During these site visits, Physician’s Medication Order Forms (PMOF), pharmacy labels on the medications, and the Medication Administration Record (MAR) are reviewed by the delegating registered nurse to ensure accurate medication administration.
- Records errors in medication administration resulting from lack of compliance with the DDA regulations taught in the MTTP and assures errors are addressed via disciplinary action with involved staff.
- Assures computer generated medication administration records/treatment administration records are provided by the pharmacy for all medications used by individuals.
- Assures Nursing Functions are delegated in compliance with applicable regulations. Completes an Initial Assessment or Change of Delegation of Nursing Function for each individual for whom delegation will be given and/or has health care needs.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to interact positively with individuals, co-workers, community residents, family, advocates and Agency staff (including, but not limited to, the House Manager, Residential Counselor, Residential Director, Individual Services Monitor, Medical Staff and Psychological Services Staff)
Ability to provide direction and leadership to subordinate staff.
Ability to provide instruction, training and support to staff and developmentally disabled individuals.
Ability to function independently as a delegating Registered Nurse.
Proficient in Microsoft programs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Click Below to Apply!